Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day

Today was an absolute wonderful day! I started my day off getting to sleep in just a wee bit (thanks, Bud!) and then woke up to two smiling faces. I jumped in the shower, knowing that we needed to get moving, because our first stop was at David's dad's house and we needed to be there by 11:00. When I got out of the shower, David and Ally presented me with a very beautiful and touching gift...a necklace and earrings that David had custom made for me, with Ally's semi-precious birth stone. It is a beautiful set and I was totally shocked! All I asked for was to have a tree taken out of my yard that I have wanted gone for two years (and I got that too! David yanked that tree right out of the ground after we got back from our day of festivities!) and I got so much more than I expected!! The thoughtfulness of the gift meant so much. What a great way to start my day.

We hit our first stop to see David's step-mom, Lori and we had a picnic breakfast with her (kitchen construction encouraged the picnic style eating), which was nice and something fun. We also got to see David's step-brother Duane and our niece Hayley, who came from Cleveland to spend the day with Lori. We don't get to see them very often, so it was an extra special treat. After we ate, we presented Lori with our stepping stones that the kids made and we had to be on our way to our next stop.


We arrived at Grandma Lang's house a few minutes late, so everyone was eating when we got there, but we were so full from our first stop that it didn't matter. It was just nice to see everyone and share in some nice conversation and good laughs. We did footprints on the stepping stones for Maw-Maw and they turned out super cute. So far everyone seemed to like them.
Our last stop was over at my parents' house to see my mama. Granny and Grandpa came up from Cinci and Laura, John and Dylan were all there. We had a really yummy dinner and ate on the patio. Ally had her first whole slice of watermelon and she devoured it! Dylan and Ally were both getting sleepy, so while we gave my mom her stepping stones, we decided to try the footprints at a later date. She loved them anyway!
My first official Mother's Day (I was pregnant last year) was really wonderful. Thanks to my hubby and my baby girl for giving me such a special day to cherish. I love you both very much!

And, Happy Mother's Day to all of my fellow mommies! I hope your day was as wonderful as mine was!

No comments: