Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning

We had a wonderful Christmas morning. We didn't get back from Cincinnati last night until about 1:00am, but Santa was prepared this year and didn't need much help from us, so David and I were able to get to bed by around 1:30 or so. Ally actually slept until around 9:00, so we all woke fresh and ready to go. Look what Santa left for us!


Ally was very excited and ran right over to the tree, but stopped short when she saw her new table and chairs. She wanted to sit right down on her new "seat".
And then Daddy sat down in one of her seats and she thought that was pretty funny...
We finally convinced her to open some of her other gifts and she had a ball! She got so much stuff from Santa (a little too much stuff, but whatever)...
Then Daddy opened a few gifts...he got some books, a new hat, some clothes, some fancy playing cards, etc..
Then I opened a couple gifts...a very nice shelving system for the garage that I have been wanting, but have been told I don't need (I wonder if Santa was just trying to trick me into thinking I wasn't going to get it :-)) and the most amazing gift I have ever received under any tree...
This photo doesn't do it justice, but in this picture are my two Ally's...my daughter, Allyson and my grandmother who passed away four years ago. My Ally is named after my grandma and she was one of the most important people in my life. Our time with her was far too short, but at least now I have this amazing reminder of her. David has been planning for months for this gift and I was in total shock! A lady he works with is an artist and sketched this beautiful photo for me, so that I would have a picture of Ally and my grandma together. I think I sat and stared at this picture for ever, after I was done crying tears of joy that is. Thank you, David for the most amazing gift! I can not put into words how much it means to me. Here is a picture of Ally and me, after I had cried my eyes out for 15 minutes. :-)
After we finished all of our presents (including some that came all the way from Florida to us...thanks GG & GG-pa Clark!!), we let Ally have a sucker from her stocking. Then she preceeded to lose her mind, because she wasn't allowed to have another one. :-) After we calmed the meltdown, I fixed eggs and biscuits for breakfast and we relaxed and played with new toys before heading to our first of several Christmas stops for the day. What a fantastic morning! Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: