Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Future Ski Bunny

On Saturday, I spent about 20 minutes getting Ally all bundled up, so I could take her out in the snow for approximately 5 minutes (nice). She had been asking to go outside for DAYS and even though we had just been to the doctor with her the day before, she was in a great mood and I figured 5 minutes of cold when she was bundled up like the kid from A Christmas Story, was not going to do her in any harm. We would spend a couple minutes walking around and looking at the snow and then we would collect some of the fresh snow and make snow ice cream (will post on that later). Ally LOVED being outside in the snow. She wasn't crazy about getting it on her face (she fell forward once and since the snow was almost up to her waist, she took a face full), but once I wiped her off, she was fine and spent most of her 5 minutes walking up and down the driveway, repeating "Snow White, Snow White" over and over again. Before we went inside, we scooped up a bowlful of snow and I shoveled our walkway (AGAIN! What is up with all this snow?) so David wouldn't have to when he got home from work. Ally cried when I said it was time to go in, but she was fine once I served up lunch. :-) We had a quick, but fun time in the snow.

**On a side note (and to explain the title), I think Ally looks like she should have skis and poles in her hand in these pictures I took...so cute! It makes me so excited about the possibility of teaching her to ski next year! We love to ski and have always said we will teach our kids to ski at a very early age (they learn better and faster when they are small). Fun Truitt Family ski outings in our future!!
Hope you are all staying warm!

No comments: