Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Birthday Boy

Today is David's 31st Birthday and we had a very low key celebration. This is what he wanted, since we had such a big bash last year, but we are going to go out on Saturday to Dick's Den and watch some live jazz with friends. We are going to leave Ally overnight (with my parents) for the first time, so we don't have to worry about coming home too early. David is really excited and I am looking forward to something new and different. So...for this evening, we stayed in and I made a big Mexican feast at David's request, he opened his gifts with Ally, while I took pictures and then...wait for it...he fell asleep on the couch! I let him sleep for a while, because it is his birthday afterall, but keep in mind it is also New Year's Eve, so I did wake him 2o minutes or so before the ball dropped for a champagne toast and a New Year's kiss! It wasn't the most exciting New Year's Eve, but that's fine with me. I'll do my celebrating on Saturday! As long as David had a nice birthday (and I am pretty sure he did), that's all that matters.



Happy Birthday, Bud! We love you!!

No comments: