Thursday, December 25, 2008

Welcome Little Dylan Henderson!!

Well, we sure did have a surprise call this morning! My mom called to say that Laura's water had broken around six o'clock this morning and she was at the hospital about to have her baby!! I was pretty worried about her at first, because we had all been in Cincinnati yesterday for Christmas Eve and had not gotten home until around one o'clock in the morning, so I knew she could not have had much sleep and laboring is HARD work. As it turns out, Laura is MUCH quicker at the laboring process than her older sis is (although she did push for a couple hours) and my brand new baby nephew was born by the afternoon! Dylan Clark was almost 4 weeks earlier than his due date and born on Christmas! Our Christmas miracle!! He is just the most precious little tiny guy, weighing in at just a little over five pounds, but he is going to be a strong one, I can tell. I am so thrilled to be an aunt again!! Mommy, Daddy and Dylan are all doing well and I am so proud of my sister! She is going to be an amazing mom and she handled Dylan coming so early with such ease and grace (I'm quite sure I would not have been as calm as she has been through this whole process). Dylan seems to be eating well and sleeping ok, which are both good things and I am sure everyone is looking forward to getting home and getting settled.
Congratulations Laura and John! We are so happy for you and can't wait to watch Dylan grow and grow! Happy Birthday Dylan!!! We love you!

No comments: