Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day this year. Not only did David let me sleep in (greatest gift EVER), but I also got a new tree to plant in our front yard (once I pick it out that is), some new sudoko and word search books (YAY!) and a gift card for a pedicure (heaven!). I was truly spoiled. David made me a bagel as I requested for breakfast, though he thought it was kind of boring and was hoping to make me a big breakfast. A girl wants what a girl wants. :-) Ally carried it over to me and had the biggest, cheesiest smile ever while delivering it to me. It was ADORABLE!

We got ready and made a stop to see David's step-mom. (We visited with his mom and Grandma on Saturday and had a wonderful lunch...YUM!) Then we went to my mom and dad's house to have dinner with my mama and to see my Granny and Grandpa who are back for the summer from Florida. It was so nice to see them and I know they have been itching to see Ally and Dylan. We had a DELICIOUS meal of chicken and steak kabobs, with salads and potatoes and then chocolate and angel food cakes for desert. YUM again!

I was a big flake and didn't remember to bring my camera all day, but we got some pictures with my mom's camera and I am so happy to have them, especially this one of Ally and me:

This one isn't super flattering of me, but it is really cute of Ally and my beautiful mom:

And this last one is nice to have, because my Granny is in it. The kiddos were over having pictures taken at this point, but it is cute anyway:

It was a great day, but most of all, it was nice to spend it with people that I love and adore so much. It is exciting to think that next year I will have two little ones to spend it with! Hope all of you fellow moms had as great a day as I had! You all deserve it!

No comments: