Friday, June 06, 2008

My Hero

I wanted to take a minute to make a very special blog about someone who was very much my hero through all of my pregnancy and especially during labor...my Bud...my David. David was wonderful during my pregnancy, he truely was and he made every effort with his very busy work schedule, to make it to all of the doctors appointments, he read (part of) the About-to-Be-a-Daddy book that I got him, he went to Babies R Us to register with me, etc, etc...but what really amazed me was how he responded during my labor. If it weren't for David, I really believe that Ally would have had to eventually be born via c-section. We didn't have the most stellar of nurses during the night/early morning and the one we got during my pushing was about as motivating as a park bench. She didn't give me any direction, little encouragement and was a bit grumpy, to be honest. But David...he held on to me and told me how great I was doing and told me what he could see happening and was just a true champ! Just looking into his eyes helped me keep going, because I could see how excited he was and knew something was happening. Thanks, Bud...you were AMAZING! I love you very much!






No comments: